Major Developments in OMRON's History
OMRON's story began in 1933 with founder Kazuma Tateisi's development of a high-precision X-ray timer. Over the years, we have faced many challenges, often taking a trial-and-error approach to probrem solving. This section presents our history in three stages, beginning with the company's establishment as Tateisi Electric Manufacturing Co.
Facing the Challenge of the Cybernation Revolution (1960-1970s)
- Highlight: Encounter with Automation and Cybernetics
- The First Step Toward Cybernation
- Tackling Motorization Issues
- Developing an Unmanned Train Station System
- The Beginning of a Cashless Age
- Popularizing Desktop Calculators
- Using Electronic Equipment to Manage Health
- OMRON Taiyo Co, Ltd.: "Not charity, but a chance!"