At work for a better world for all.
The OMRON Group has a corporate motto, "At work for a better life, a better world for all," and a corporate philosophy that is based on the belief that "A corporation is society's public organ." These thoughts reflect our hope of contributing to the development of humankind and society through the provision of products that satisfy our customers, and through corporate activities.
The cooperation of our suppliers is imperative in order for us to create, in line with our spirit, products that are trusted even more strongly by our customers, and to fulfill our corporate social responsibilities (CSR) in carrying out all business activities. Therefore, we have established the following as our
- OPEN: Our procurement is based on an "open" policy and the principles of free competition.
- Provided they share the same philosophy, we are willing to provide any supplier, regardless of nationality, company size, previous business relationship or lack thereof, and any other status with an opportunity to join us based on the principles of free competition. Positive and excellent suggestions and presentations are welcome.
- FAIR: We place importance on partnership based on fairness and equality.
- In procuring component materials and services, we will select suppliers in a fair manner by not only taking into consideration product quality, price, delivery period, environmental conservation, technologies and healthy business management, but also by adding such items as compliance with laws, ordinances, and social standards.
- GLOBAL: We seek good international partners.
- From an international perspective, we will procure outstanding materials, parts and services from sources all over the world, in the optimal regions.
- ECOLOGY: We carry out procurement activities that contribute to reducing adverse impact on the global environment.
- We will actively use materials and parts that do not contain hazardous chemical substances, and promote "green" procurement that contributes to reducing any adverse impact on the environment.
- COMPLIANCE: We strictly comply with laws, ordinances, and social standards by maintaining a high level of morality.
- Based on OMRON Group's CSR Action Guidelines, we will strictly observe laws, ordinances and social standards related to procurement and purchasing, and build partnerships with our suppliers. Moreover, we will appropriately manage and protect suppliers' confidential and personal information which we had obtained through our purchasing and procurement activities.