The OMRON Principles
On May 10, 2006, the OMRON Group established its new corporate principles-the OMRON Principles.
"At work for a better life, a better world for all"
The OMRON Group corporate motto, "At work for a better life, a better world for all," was conceived by founder Kazuma Tateisi as a means of communicating the idea that a company should work for the benefit of society. It was designed to express that idea in a concise, clear phrase for employees. The motto is now positioned as a simple and clear statement describing the underlying concept for the OMRON Principles.
The OMRON Principles
Corporate Core Value:"Working for the benefit of society"
"Working for the benefit of society,"the credo of OMRON founder Kazuma Tateisi, serves as the core value that underlies the OMRON Group's corporate activities. Our founder believed that the real purpose for a company to exist is to serve society, and that only when this is accomplished should the company earn profits and enjoy sustainable growth.
He also believed that only companies that add value and meet social needs can earn trust and respect from society as good corporate citizens, and thus successfully continue to exist as businesses. At the OMRON Group, this spirit has been preserved and consistently maintained over the years.
As society's needs become more diversified and wide-ranging, and the social responsibilities that companies assume become even more multifaceted and evolving, it is crucial that companies meet society's expectations.
Within this context, the OMRON Group will strive to be a valued corporate citizen by committing itself to:
- Building trust and confidence with stakeholders through constructive engagement.
- Demonstrating integrity, fairness, and transparency in all our business activities.
- Contributing to the sustainable development of society by addressing its needs in a well-balanced manner, taking into consideration the economic, environmental, and social impact of our actions.
Since the company's inception, these concepts have consistently served as theframework for the OMRON Group's corporate strategies, priorities, and activities.
- Challenging ourselves to always do better
- The OMRON Group thinks of itself as always being an entrepreneurial company and strives to continually take on new challenges. We believe that in order to contribute to society through our business and other corporate activities, we must challenge ourselves to always do better and to pursue pioneering breakthroughs, without becoming complacent or afraid of failure.
- Innovation driven by social needs
- By capitalizing on our core competency of proprietary Sensing & Control technology, the OMRON Group continues to promote creativity and innovation, drawing our inspiration from the potential needs of the future society that we envision. In this way, the OMRON Group strives to become a forerunner in building a society that continues to progress while maintaining a complete balance and harmonious relationship between individuals and society, between humans and the environment, and between people and machines. By addressing needs that are not yet well-recognized and future needs that can be predicted to emerge, we will be able to produce and offer products and services that help tackle social challenges, improving and enriching our lives. This is one important way that we as a company offer benefits to society.
- Respect for humanity
- The OMRON Group is determined to do its part in developing a society in which everyone can appreciate the joy of life and experience pride of accomplishment, while fully realizing the human potential for knowledge, sensibility, and creativity. We strive to maintain a humanistic approach in all our corporate activities. This involves respecting diversity, personality, and individuality, as well as creating an environment in which everyone can enjoy both work and private life.
The OMRON Group strives to maintain and promote integrity, fairness, and transparency in our business and management practices. We seek to develop relations of mutual trust with our stakeholders through sincere dialogue. The following are the OMRON Group's commitments in our management practices.
- Respect for individuality and diversity
- We value the individuality and diversity of all current and potential employees and support employees who demonstrate self-reliance. We strive to provide meaningful work and motivate people to reach their full potential in the workplace.
- Maximum customer satisfaction
- We aim to maximize customer satisfaction based on our "quality first" policy and by offering pioneering products and services.
- Relationship-building with shareholders
- We aim to meet shareholder expectations by enhancing our corporate value and providing shareholders with an appropriate level of returns in the form of dividends, while promoting management practices that earn us long-term shareholder trust.
- Awareness and practice of corporate citizenship
- As part of the global community, we strive to contribute to the development of the economy and culture of each region in which we operate, while working to conserve natural resources and protect the environment.
Guiding Principles for Action
To live up to our core value of "working for the benefit of society," each and every employee across every organization that comprises the OMRON Group will strive to enhance the quality of their day-to-day activities while pursuing self-development and excellent business results.
- Quality first
- We will continually work to enhance the quality of the products and services that we offer and will extend that concept of quality to every aspect of our work.
- Unceasing commitment to challenging ourselves
- We will seek the challenge of creating new value by aiming high, demonstrating a pioneering spirit, and consistently striving for greater achievements.
- Integrity and high ethics
- We will strictly abide by all applicable laws, regulations, and rules while conducting our day-to-day operations in a highly ethical manner, based on a strong sense of social responsibility and good faith.
- Self-reliance and mutual support
- We will think and act self-reliantly, promote teamwork through mutual respect, and fully demonstrate our creativity.