IR Dept. Structure and Function
IR Organization and System
The Investor Relations Department is responsible for planning, supervising and promoting OMRON's investor relations activities. Two senior managers are in charge: president Yoshihito Yamada at the helm, and Satoshi Ando, a senior general manager. The Investor Relations Department belongs to the IR and M&A Planning Headquarters, directly under the president. The total management lineup comprises ten members: the aforementioned two senior managers along with the head of the Investor Relations Department.
OMRON's Investor Relations Department is based in Tokyo, somewhat unusual for a company with headquarters in Kyoto, on the western side of Japan. We decided that a Tokyo-based Investor Relations Department would be more convenient for investors. We have a room specifically designed for IR meetings in our Tokyo office in Shinagawa area, with displays of OMRON products and investor relations-related reference materials.
Aim of OMRON's IR Activities
The Aim of OMRON's IR activities is to contribute toward the OMRON Group objective of Maximizing Corporate Value through two-way communication with shareholders or investors. By precisely and promptly explaining the Company's financial conditions and management policies and by reflecting your comments and requests in our business management, we will strive for the maximization of corporate value.
Types of IR Activities
OMRON carries out the following investor relations activities in the course of a year. Issuing earnings reports: four times a year, each financial quarter
- General Meeting of Shareholders
- Issuing earnings reports: four times a year, each financial quarter
- Holding business and technology presentations: a few times a year,when needed
- Holding corporate presentations for individual investors: dozenes of times a year, when needed
- Offering guided tours of factories in Japan and overseas: a few times a year, when needed
- Responding to investor-related requests for information from Japan and overseas: about 1,000 times a year
- Publishing investor relations-related printed materials, especially annual reports, message to shareholders and fact books
- Developing and administering the investor relations section of OMRON's website